Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Senior Research Associate to develop, optimize and execute cellular assays to support neurological and muscular diseases. You will have a scientific background in cellular biology, molecular biology, and/or biochemistry with experience in optimizing, validating, and automating cell-based models for assay development and biology validation. Working closely with your supervisor and cross-functional teams, you will develop biomolecular condensate disease-mechanism relevant assays. You will make important decision-driving contributions progressing discovery projects by establishing and learning from these disease-relevant cell models and assays, as well as hit characterization and lead optimization.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Develop new cell lines and characterize disease condensates using high content imaging technology
- Develop assays to support high throughput screening of novel small molecules for disease treatment
- Maintain patient fibroblasts and iPSCs for disease phenotype characterization and compound testing
- Work closely in a cross-functional team that values innovation and encourages personal development
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start-up environment
To do that you will need…
- BS or MS in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related science discipline
- 4+ years professional laboratory experience
- Cell culture experience, including the growth and maintenance of primary fibroblasts and/or iPSCs
- Excellent organizational skills to balance multiple objectives with good follow through and timely delivery
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and collaborative skills
- Ability to organize and contribute to multiple workstreams
- Ability to interpret and understand the connection of results with underlying biology
- Experience with a wide range of biochemical, molecular, and imaging assay techniques
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.