Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a versatile Senior Research Associate with a broad range of laboratory skills and the passion for discovery and innovation to become a part of the drug discovery and platform development efforts in our Exploratory Condensate Science team. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, independent Research Associate working on several projects collaboratively.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Perform extensive literature research
- Be involved in generation and validation of hypotheses
- Independently develop, optimize, and implement assays
- Analyze, interpret, and report experimental data in group and company-wide meetings
- Work towards timely delivery of results on project timelines
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- Master’s degree in life sciences
- 4+ years of experience in cell culture and molecular biology
- Proven ability and skill in basic cellular and molecular biological techniques
- Ability to establish and execute detailed protocols
- Ability to work independently and perform standard lab operations
- Team player with high motivation, strong attention to detail, and efficiency in computer skills
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience in working with iPSc-derived cardiomyocytes
- Experience in advanced molecular biology techniques such as RT-PCR, CRISPR, si-RNA, viral vectors, and transcription analysis
- Experience with automation tools such as liquid handlers and high-content imaging
- Prior experience in the biotechnology industry
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.Apply