No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for an Image Data Analyst to further this vision and be a part of a new cutting-edge group to leverage high-throughput imaging and other forms of data to translate condensate biology to actionable knowledge about patients, diseases and therapeutics. This role will be part of the scientific computing team in R&D, working closely with wet lab teams, our data engineering team and our deep learning team to both directly support our drug development programs and build the tools that will provide deep insights directly to users.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Dresden's BioInnovation Center. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Support scientists by designing and building image analysis workflows using a variety of tools such as ImageJ/FIJI, CellProfiler/Harmony, ilastik
- Analyze numerical data extracted from high-content imaging and support scientists represent their data in the most informative way
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams to turn complex biological questions into concrete problems that can be solved with data
- Work with biologists, chemists, and fellow data scientists to perform exploratory and predictive analysis on a wide range of data sources including microscopy and genomics data
- Design and prototype tools that enable scientists to identify deep insights driving our scientific research and drug development pipeline
- Provide feedback on experiment design and lab protocols to ensure the right data is collected to enable solid analysis and deep insights
- Coordinate with the Data Engineering team to build robust and reliable prediction and analysis pipelines
To do this you will need…
- MS/PhD in Biophysics, Data Science, Computational Biology or a scientific field with demonstrated capability in data science/computational biology
- 3+ years of experience working with biological data in industry or an academic lab
- Experience with image analysis using tools such as ImageJ/FIJI, CellProfiler or Harmony
- Experience developing exploratory analysis and predictive models using R or Python, as well as data visualization tools such as Tableau or Spotfire
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, self-direction, and willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary and dynamic environment and to train and mentor junior colleagues
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience with analyzing High-throughput screening data: image analysis and hit selection
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning models
- Experience with working with other types of data such as RNAseq, Mass Spec data, etc
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please no solicitations by agencies.