No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases
We are seeking a Scientist/Senior Scientist to support this vision and be a part of a new cutting edge group to leverage human genetics, genomics, and computation to translate high throughput measurements in condensate biology to actionable knowledge about disease, patients, and therapeutics. This role will be an integral member of this group. You will conduct analyses in areas of NGS (DNA sequence, bulk and single cell RNASeq), protein complexes, pathways, and mechanisms. The results of such studies increase confidence in the human and translational sciences of condensate mediated biology in diseases. A key focus of the role will be the identification of appropriate data sets, the identification and use of advanced analytical tools, and the design and execution of analyses for the success of drug discovery.
This position will report to the Group Leader, Computational Biology and Human Genetics, and will work collaboratively with other data scientists including biologists, chemists, and technologists to produce results that lead to therapeutic discoveries.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Design and perform integrative analyses that combine different types of molecular and/or microscopy imaging data
- Identify or prioritize therapeutic hypotheses (targets, tissue/cell types, strata, mechanism) for multiple indications of interest
- Work with experimental biologists and analytical scientists to provide input on experimental design for target validation (in vivo and in vitro model systems, cell types)
- Work with and help facilitate interactions with external partners in academia and industry
- Develop novel methods integrating ‘omics data with prior knowledge, human genetics
- Participate in and provide oversight of scientific report writing
- Present methods, results and conclusions to a publishable standard
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- A Ph.D. in genomics, bioinformatics, computational/systems biology or a related field
- Expertise conducting novel, quantitative analyses as part of research and discovery
- Experience with relevant programming/scripting tools (e.g. R, Python, C/C++), Linux/Unix
- Knowledge of NGS data types, e.g. single-cell RNAseq and epigenetic data (ATACseq, CHIPseq, etc)
- Experience devising, testing and validating novel methods using machine learning, deep learning, and advanced analytics
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships that facilitate effective collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Track record of excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to provide concise summaries of complex data to empower decision making
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- 2+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and/or with drug development
- Experience with modern tools such as IPA, MetaCore, Bayesian reasoning, WGCNA
- Experience with cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Google Compute, Azure), cloud platforms (e.g. Databricks)
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.