Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Principal Scientist or Senior Principal Scientist to join our Medicinal Chemistry team. As part of our growing MedChem group, you will provide key contributions to the implementation of medicinal chemistry strategies through the design, development, and execution of innovative chemistry and help to revolutionize our approach to the discovery and development of small molecule drugs.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district. Dewpoint offers great benefits, competitive salary, and amazing perks.
In this role you will…
- Define project-related Medicinal Chemistry strategies and define overall strategy for highly innovative drug discovery projects from Target ID to hit identification to candidate nomination
- Promote and maintain the highest levels of excellence in medicinal chemistry, demonstrating a personal commitment to extending and developing knowledge and expertise
- Lead and/or contribute to cross-site functional goals within Chemistry & Drug Discovery
- Analyze screening data, establish SAR, perform literature reviews, design, and implement medicinal chemistry plans, coordinate chemistry and biology data to support compound progression and IP strategies
- Effectively manage external resources at our partner CROs
- Together with the MedChem team, use timely decision-making to ensure focus and delivery of key objectives across the portfolio
- Demonstrate teamwork and promote an open and innovative culture within a cross discipline environment
- Become a valuable contributor to other corporate initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do that you will need…
- PhD in Organic Chemistry with 5+ years of laboratory-based research experience, preferably in a biopharmaceutical setting
- Strong knowledge of techniques related to purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Expertise in methodology development and complex multi-step synthesis
- Experience in working across multiple target-types and gene families
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals and/or evidence of sustained contributions to the field
- Ability to work closely with other drug discovery experts (in CADD, Biology, DMPK, Safety, CMC) to identify key project issues, propose and implement creative solutions, and execute on innovative Medicinal Chemistry designs
- Experience working with CRO partners
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and effectively present scientific data
- Ability to contribute at all stages of a project from early target validation, hit and lead optimization to candidate selection
- Proven track record of creative thinking and consistent delivery with strong prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative team environment, demonstrating exceptional teamwork skills and a “can-do” / “can-win” attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
It is nice but not essential that you also have…
- Experience and direct accountability in project leadership
- Drug discovery experience in oncology and neuroscience
- Experience in phenotypic screening
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.