No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics translates condensate biology into much-needed medicines. Biomolecular condensates are transforming our understanding of biology, and our highly collaborative team is at the forefront of efforts to harness this shift for drug discovery. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases.
We are searching for a Head of Communications and Public Relations to move our communications & internal and external presence forward. You will be Dewpoint’s primary communications point of contact and to oversee the flow of internal and external communications between the organization and external groups. In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team.
This role is based at our site in Boston's Seaport district and will support our North America and Germany operations. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Serve as the company’s primary communications point of contact developing compelling, authentic, and consistent messaging related to the company’s strategies, initiatives, and performance. You will ensure that all communications comply with pertinent US federal and international rules and regulations
- Oversee the flow of internal and external communications between the organization and external groups
- Provide strategic leadership, development, direction, and management of all external and internal communications initiatives, including media and key stakeholder relations
- Develop the company's external communications strategy including media relations, digital and social media campaigns
- Engage external agencies to create and articulate a clear vision and integrated, global strategy for the communications function.
- Contribute to organizational branding and internal messaging strategy and execution, collaborating with internal Functional Leads and People & Culture
- Oversee corporate projects to ensure appropriate messaging and organizational branding and act as corporate spokesperson with media, as required
- Partner with cross-functional teams to synthesize relevant business intelligence, including company coverage across scientific, clinical and media domains
- Ensure that scientific communications are integrated into the overall communications strategy
- Liaise with media, and other such external agencies regarding communications and announcements
- Lead efforts to engage our employees and growing population, accountable for writing executive communications and managing other communications channels to ensure our value proposition is shared with key stakeholders while enhancing and protecting the company’s reputation
- Determine the communications strategy and managing the creation of, including writing as needed, a variety of communications materials, such as videos, internal communications, and internet/intranet materials that support the company’s strategic objectives
- Ensure communications are consistent and building continuity of look and feel across all mediums and cultivate a healthy partnership between cross functional teams
- Oversee the management of existing company website and social media/digital presence to ensure a best-in-class, mobile-first user experience
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, start up environment
To do that you will need…
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree and a minimum of 12+ years of experience working in Corporate Communications and/or Public Relations in a biotech/pharmaceutical company or similarly regulated industry
- Demonstrated track record of cross-functional leadership and people management responsibilities
- Experience conducting successful, proactive, and creative global communications programs that use of a variety of tools, forums, media, and metrics
- Retain a robust knowledge of up-to-date compliance, legal, regulatory, and other issues that impact communications and can apply them accordingly
- Experience and confidence in providing strategic advice and counsel to our executive and senior leadership teams, related to communications strategy, crisis and reputation management and investor relations, and trusted for flawless execution of reactive and proactive initiatives
- Superb written, verbal, interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Ability to craft and promote a coherent strategic vision while managing the nuances of communication within a large, publicly traded company
- Deep experience leading and driving end-to-end communication from conception through implementation
- To be perceived by others as an expert in communications with a strong working knowledge of the science and pipeline
- Proven ability to provide strategic analysis of issues and determines appropriate proactive and reactive messaging to enhance and improve the reputation of the organization and support the vision and direction
- Digital expertise with social media and video & digital channels
- The understanding that the duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without accommodation to: use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Dewpoint Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Dewpoint Therapeutics has an anti-hate policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee sponsored by the CEO.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.