No longer accepting applications. See open jobs
Dewpoint Therapeutics is building a highly collaborative team to harness the power of biomolecular condensates. Together, we are leveraging a transformative shift in the understanding of cellular biology to discover and advance breakthrough therapeutics for the toughest diseases
We are searching for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and highly motivated leader to build and to lead our data engineering team for biomolecular condensate-driven small molecule drug discovery. This team will help advance our scientific mission by designing, developing, and supporting our cloud-based scientific software environment and infrastructure for data collection, integration, and analysis. The successful candidate will collaborate with cross-department scientists and data professionals to enable the discovery and development of novel medicines. The individual will serve as the lead designer and implementer of global data and software solutions for our research, providing the company with innovative technologies and systems that will help it achieve its goals. This is a unique opportunity to build and lead an integrated software and data engineering team in a cutting-edge biotech company with a strong tech flavor.
In this position you’ll be part of an energizing and supportive startup culture engaged in continuous learning, and part of an exceptional international team. This role is based at our Boston Seaport site with room for flexibility in location for the ideal candidate. Dewpoint offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will…
- Build and manage a team of data engineers supporting scientific research and drug discovery at the interface between wet lab and data science/machine learning
- Strategically develop a comprehensive data architecture that matches Dewpoint’s scientific strategy and vision
- Implement and maintain pipelines processing complex scientific data generated via multiple platforms, integrating commercial, open-source and purpose-built components
- Ensure structured and unstructured data and metadata is optimized for downstream use cases enabling core scientific capabilities
- Organize and define requirements for how data is collected, modeled, and organized across the scientific organization, enabling users to quickly discover and leverage relevant data
- Lead cross-functional projects to coordinate consistent and reliable end-to-end data workflows
- Serve as part of the broader leadership team in setting goals, strategy, and budgets, and evaluating projects
- Become a valuable contributor to other initiatives as they arise in our fast paced, startup environment
To do this you will need…
- At least a BS degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- At least 7 years of experience in data engineering and 3+ years supporting at least one core drug discovery scientific discipline (chemistry, biology, and/or clinical)
- Demonstrated impact designing and implementing scientific information systems and infrastructure including on-premises and Cloud components, in a drug or target discovery setting
- Experience hiring, mentoring, and leading a technical team
- Experience integrating cloud based ELN and LIMS with HPC workflows
- Deep understanding of metadata management and schema / vocabulary / ontology design principles
- Preferred: Experience working with a cloud-based data integration platform such as Snowflake, Databricks or Palantir’s Foundry software
- Ability to work effectively with external software vendors and contractors
- History of working successfully in a fast paced and rapidly growing cross-functional environment
- Outstanding written and verbal technical communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, the shared language of our multicultural team
Dewpoint Therapeutics is the first company founded to apply the emerging discipline of biomolecular condensates to drug discovery. Dewpoint believes that a vast range of conditions have pathways that are regulated by condensates or arise from the dysfunction of condensates — including cancer, neurodegeneration, and metabolic disease. Dewpoint scientists are working in Boston, MA, and Dresden and Berlin, Germany, to translate condensate biology into treatments for the toughest diseases.
Dewpoint strives to cultivate an inclusive international community that welcomes and empowers everyone. We reject racism, discrimination, harassment, brutality, and all other manifestations of hate. We draw strength from diversity.
Dewpoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please, no solicitations by agencies.